Max DonathProfessor, Mechanical Engineering
- Kathy Swanson Outstanding Service Award, 2014
- ITS Minnesota Public Sector Recognition Award, 2009
- Richard P. Braun Distinguished Service Award, 2007
- George W. Taylor Service Award, 2007
- Honored as one of 92 University of Minnesota faculty and alumni (living and deceased) represented on the University’s “Wall of Discovery,” a 253-foot-long ‘artistic tribute to the process that leads to great moments of discovery.’ Unveiled September 29, 2006.
• B. Davis and M. Donath, “Development of a Sensor Platform for High Accuracy Mapping of Roadway Lane Markings,” Transportation Research Record: Journal of the Transportation Research Board, No. 2551, pp. 45-51, 2016.
• J. I. Creaser, C. J. Edwards, N. L. Morris and M. Donath, “Are cellular phone blocking applications effective for novice teen drivers?” Journal of Safety Research, Volume 54, September 2015.
• L. Phillips, P. Hooge, T. Meier, R. Manning, J. Hallo, R. Mace, T. Morris, J. Hourdos and M. Donath, “An integrated study of road capacity in Denali National Park,”(pp.205-223) in R. Manning, S. Lawson, P. Newman, J. Hallo and C. Monz (ed.), Sustainable Transportation in National Parks, University Press of New England, 2014.
• E. Becic, M.P. Manser, C. Drucker, and M. Donath, “Aging and the Impact of Distraction on an Intersection Crossing Assist System,” Accident Analysis and Prevention, 50, 968-974, 2013.
• E. Becic, M. Manser, J. Creaser, and M. Donath, “Intersection crossing assist system: Transition from a road-side to an in-vehicle system,” Transportation Research Part F: Traffic Psychology and Behavior, 15(5), 544-555, 2012.