Thomas ChaseMorse Alumni Distinguished Teaching Professor, Mechanical Engineering
Ph.D. 1984, Mechanical Engineering, University of Minnesota
M.S. 1983, Mechanical Engineering, Rochester Institute of Technology
B.S. 1977, Mechanical Engineering, Rochester Institute of Technology
- Engineering database design.
- Computer aided engineering.
- Mechanism design.
- Stress analysis of rolled webs.
- Tu, Haink C., Rannow, Michael B., Wang, Meng, Li, Perry Y., Chase, Thomas R., and Van de Ven, James D., 2012, “Design, Modeling, and Validation of a High-Speed Rotary Pulse-Width-Modulation On/Oﬀ Hydraulic Valve”, ASME Journal of Dynamic Systems, Measurement, and Control, Vol. 134, No. 6, Paper #061002.
- Michael, D. G., et al. (including T. R.Chase), 2008, “The Magnetized Steel and Scintillator Calorimeters of the MINOS Experiment”, Nuclear Instruments and Methods in Physics Research, Section A: Accelerators, Spectrometers, Detectors and Associated Equipment, Vol. 596, No. 2, pp. 190-228.
- Michael, D. G., et al. (including T. R. Chase), 2006, “Observation of Muon Neutrino Disappearance with the MINOS Detectors in the NuMI Neutrino Beam”, Physical Review Letters, Vol. 97, No. 19, article #191801.
- Adamson, P., et al. (including T. R. Chase), 2006, “First observations of separated atmospheric νµ and ν µ events in the MINOS detector”, Physical Review D (Particles and Fields), Vol. 73, No. 7, article #072002.
- Chase, Thomas R., 2006, “A Note on the Waldron Construction for Transmission Angle Rectiﬁcation”, ASME Journal of Mechanical Design, Vol. 128, No. 2, pp. 509-512.