William NorthropAssociate Professor and Director of Undergraduate Studies, Mechanical Engineering
McKnight Land Grant Professorship, University of Minnesota, 2015
Center for Transportation Studies Scholar, University of Minnesota, 2013
Fulbright Scholars Award, Spain, 2019
SAE Engineering Events Outstanding Oral Presentation Award, 2019
Society of Automotive Engineers, Harry L. Horning Award, 2018
Society of Automotive Engineers, Ralph Teetor Award, 2016
Society of Automotive Engineers, Forest McFarland Award, 2016
NSF CAREER Award, Combustion Fire and Plasma Systems, 2014
Engineering Graduate Symposium Competition 1st Prize, University of Michigan, 2008
- Storey, J.M., Curran, S.J., Lewis, S.A., Barone, T.L., Hanson, R.M., Moses-DeBusk, M., Prikhodko, V.Y. and Northrop, W.F., (2016) Physio-Chemical Characterization of Particulate Matter from a Reactivity Controlled Compression-Ignition Combustion on a Multi-Cylinder Light-Duty Engine. International Journal of Engine Research, August 4, 1468087416661637, 1-15.
- Lin, Y., Northrop, W.F., and Li, X., (2016) Markov Chain Solution of Photon Multiple Scattering Through Turbid Slabs, Optics Express, 24(23), 26942-26947.
- Wolk, B., Ekoto, I., Northrop, W.F., Moshamer, K. and Hansen, N. (2016) Detailed Speciation and Reactivity Characterization of Fuel-Specific In-Cylinder Reforming Products and the Associated Impact on Engine Performance, Fuel, 185, 348-361.
- Nord, A.J., Hwang J.T., and Northrop W.F. (2016). Emissions From a Diesel Engine Operating in a Dual-Fuel Mode Using Port-Fuel Injection of Heated Hydrous Ethanol. Journal of Energy Resource Technology 139(2), 1–11.
- Kotz, A., Kittelson, D. and Northrop, W.F. (2016) Lagrangian Hotspots of In-Use NOX Emissions from Transit Buses, Environmental Science and Technology, 50, 5750-5756.