Zongxuan SunProfessor, Mechanical Engineering
Honors and Awards
- Best Paper Award, ASME Automotive and Transportation Systems Technical Committee, 2018.
- Charles E. Bowers Faculty Teaching Award, College of Science and Engineering, University of Minnesota, 2015.
- CAREER Award, NSF, 2012.
- George W. Taylor Career Development Award, College of Science and Engineering, University of Minnesota, 2012.
- Best Paper Award, the 2012 International Conference on Advanced Vehicle Technologies and Integration.
- Ralph R. Teetor Educational Award, SAE, 2011.
- “Inventor Milestone” Award, GM R&D, 2006.
- Spark Plug Award, GM R&D, 2005, “For Demonstrating the Importance of Spirit and Moral”.
- Charles L. McCuen Special Achievement Award, GM R&D, 2004.
- Tripathi, A., Zhang, C and Sun, Z., “A Multizone Model of the Combustion Chamber Dynamics in a Controlled Trajectory Rapid Compression and Expansion Machine (CT-RCEM)”, Applied Energy, in press, 2018.
- Zhang, C. and Sun, Z., “A Control-Oriented Model for Trajectory-Based HCCI Combustion”, ASME Transactions on Journal of Dynamic Systems, Measurement and Control, Vol. 140, 091013, September, 2018.
- Li, K., Zhang, C and Sun, Z., “Transient Motion Control for a Free Piston Engine”, Proceedings of the IMechE, Part D, Journal of Automobile Engineering, Vol. 231, pp.1709-1717, Oct. 2017.
- Shao, Y., Mohd Zulkefli, A. and Sun, Z., “Vehicle and Powertrain Optimization for Autonomous and Connected Vehicles”, ASME Dynamic Systems and Control Magazine, Vol.5, No. 3, pp.15-19, Sept., 2017.
- Hu, J., Shao, Y., Sun, Z., and Bared, J., “Integrated Vehicle and Powertrain Optimization for Passenger Vehicles with Vehicle-Infrastructure Communication”, Transportation Research Part C, 79, pp.85-102, 2017.