Alptekin AksanProfessor, Mechanical Engineering
Minneapolis, MN 55455
Ph.D. 2002, Mechanical Engineering, Michigan State University
M.S. 1995, Mechanical Engineering, Middle East Technical University, Ankara, Turkey
B.S. 1992, Mechanical Engineering, Middle East Technical University, Ankara, Turkey
Professor, University of Minnesota, Mechanical Engineering, 2017-present
Associate Professor, University of Minnesota, Mechanical Engineering, 2011-2017
Assistant Professor, University of Minnesota, Mechanical Engineering, 2005-2011
Alptekin Aksan is interested in combining the unique capabilities of biologicals with synthetic materials to make new reactive materials with novel properties. He enjoys teaching thermodynamics and mechanical engineering modeling, the courses that are designed to teach how to think, conduct analyses, and solve problems as an engineer.
- 2007 NSF CAREER Award
- 2008 U of MN McKnight Land Grant Professor
- 2011 JSPS (Japan Society for the Promotion of Science) Fellow
- 2011 Outstanding Professor Award
- M. Wang, J.O.M. Karlsson, A. Aksan, 2018 “FTIR Analysis of Molecular Changes Associated with Warming Injury in Cryopreserved Leukocytes” Langmuir (accepted on 10-26-2018). DOI: 10.1021/acs.langmuir.8b02982
- J.J. Benson, J. Sakkos, A. Radian, L.P. Wackett, A. Aksan, 2018 “Enhanced Biodegradation of Atrazine by Bacteria Encapsulated in Organically Modified Silica Gels” Journal of Colloid & Interface Science, 510, 57-68.
- J. Sakkos, B.R. Mutlu, L.P. Wackett, A. Aksan, 2017 “Adsorption and Biodegradation of Aromatic Chemicals by Bacteria Encapsulated in a Hydrophobic Silica Gel” ACS Applied Materials and Interfaces, 9, 26848–26858.
- S. Jena, J. Horn, R. Suryanarayanan, W. Friess, A. Aksan, 2017 “Effects of excipient interactions on the state of the freeze- concentrate and protein stability” Pharmaceutical Research 34, 462-478.
- B.R. Mutlu, J.K. Sakkos, S. Yeom, L.P. Wackett, A. Aksan, 2016 “Silica ecosystem for synergistic biotransformation” Scientific Reports, 6, 27404.