Alptekin AksanProfessor, Mechanical Engineering
Minneapolis, MN 55455
Graduate Faculty, Biomedical Engineering Department, 2006-present
Graduate Faculty, Microbial Engineering Program, 2010-present
Adjunct Faculty, Biotechnology Institute, 2010-present
Honors and Awards
- 2007 NSF CAREER Award
- 2008 U of MN McKnight Land Grant Professor
- 2011 JSPS (Japan Society for the Promotion of Science) Fellow
- 2011 Outstanding Professor Award
- M. Wang, J.O.M. Karlsson, A. Aksan, 2018 “FTIR Analysis of Molecular Changes Associated with Warming Injury in Cryopreserved Leukocytes” Langmuir (accepted on 10-26-2018). DOI: 10.1021/acs.langmuir.8b02982
- J.J. Benson, J. Sakkos, A. Radian, L.P. Wackett, A. Aksan, 2018 “Enhanced Biodegradation of Atrazine by Bacteria Encapsulated in Organically Modified Silica Gels” Journal of Colloid & Interface Science, 510, 57-68.
- J. Sakkos, B.R. Mutlu, L.P. Wackett, A. Aksan, 2017 “Adsorption and Biodegradation of Aromatic Chemicals by Bacteria Encapsulated in a Hydrophobic Silica Gel” ACS Applied Materials and Interfaces, 9, 26848–26858.
- S. Jena, J. Horn, R. Suryanarayanan, W. Friess, A. Aksan, 2017 “Effects of excipient interactions on the state of the freeze- concentrate and protein stability” Pharmaceutical Research 34, 462-478.
- B.R. Mutlu, J.K. Sakkos, S. Yeom, L.P. Wackett, A. Aksan, 2016 “Silica ecosystem for synergistic biotransformation” Scientific Reports, 6, 27404.