Michael McAlpineKuhrmeyer Family Chair Professor, Mechanical Engineering
Honors and Awards
- George W. Taylor Award for Distinguished Research (2018)
- Presidential Early Career Award for Scientists and Engineers (PECASE) (2017)
- National Academy of Sciences (NAS) - Kavli Frontiers Fellow (2016)
- Extreme Mechanics Letters (EML) Young Investigator Award (2015)
- NIH Director's New Innovator Award (2014)
- Graduate Mentoring Award in Engineering (2013)
- DARPA Young Faculty Award (2012)
- National Academy of Engineering (NAE) - Frontiers of Engineering (2011)
- Technology Review TR35 Young Innovator Under 35 (2010)
- AFOSR Young Investigator Award (2008)
- Z. Zhu, H. S. Park, M. C. McAlpine. “3D Printed Deformable Sensors.” Sci. Adv. 6, eaba5575 (2020)
- S. H. Park, R. Su, J. Jeong, S. Z. Guo, K. Qiu, D. Joung, F. Meng, M. C. McAlpine. “3D Printed Polymer Photodetectors.” Adv. Mater. 30, 1803980 (2018).
- Z. Zhu, S.-Z. Guo, T. Hirdler, C. Eide, X. Fan, J. Tolar, M. C. McAlpine. “3D Printed Functional and Biological Materials on Moving Freeform Surfaces.” Adv. Mater. 30, 1707495 (2018). [Inside Back Cover]
- B. N. Johnson, K. Z. Lancaster, G. Zhen, J. He, M. K. Gupta, Y. L. Kong, E. A. Engel, K. D. Krick, A. Ju, F. Meng, L. W. Enquist, X. Jia, M. C. McAlpine. “3D Printed Anatomical Nerve Regeneration Pathways.” Adv. Funct. Mater. 25, 6205-6217 (2015).
- Y. L. Kong, I. A. Tamargo, H. Kim, B. N. Johnson, M. K. Gupta, T.-W. Koh, H.-A. Chin, D. A. Steingart, B. P. Rand, M. C. McAlpine. “3D Printed Quantum Dot Light-Emitting Diodes.” Nano Lett. 14, 7017-7023 (2014).