Now Hiring: Student Tech Support (CSE-IT Help Desk)
The College of Science and Engineering Information Technology (CSE-IT) office is seeking to hire a Student Tech Support (CSE-IT Help Desk) to assist CSE-IT staff in supporting the technology needs of CSE departments, staff, and faculty. On-the-job training is provided to advance to higher tiers of technical support.
- 10%- Perform system software installations
- 10% - Modification and debugging as necessary
- 10% - Backup and restore system user files
- 20% - Install applications, hardware, and software
- 20% - Identify, diagnose, and fix system problems
- 10% - Maintain documentation
- 20% - Provide network assistance and maintenance as required.
- Must be registered undergraduate student at the University of Minnesota
- Must maintain student employment eligibility for duration of employment: http://www1.umn.edu/ohr/studentemployment/eligibility/index.html
- Eligible for Work Study
- Customer Service experience
- Familiarity with Technology (Windows/Mac/Linux)