How to apply
- Early Application Deadline: March 15th
- Final Application Deadline: May 1st
MnRI's admission cycle focuses primarily on admitting new students to the fall semester each year, and only exceptional applications are considered for admission to a spring semester.
All financial support is for the Fall admissions cycle.
Follow the directions below to apply for the M.S. in Robotics program:
- Navigate to choose.umn.edu/apply and, if you are a first-time user, create an account. If you already have a login, enter your login information
- Select Robotics - MS from the program list and the Fall semester of the year that you plan to begin the program.
- Complete the following sections of the application:
- Biographical Information
- Personal Background
- Academic History
- Test Scores
- MnRI highly encourages but does not require the GRE.
- Applicants who speak English as a second language (ESL) must submit their TOEFL scores.
- GRE/TOEFL Institution Code: 6874
- Personal Statement
- Diversity Statement (required only for domestic applicants)
- All other upload areas are optional
- MnRI does not require a minimum number of Letters of Rec. Ideally, the program would like to see two or more letters from your teachers or supervisors who are familiar with your work. Only letters submitted from official University/employer e-mail addresses will be considered; letters submitted from personal e-mail addresses (e.g., @gmail) will not be considered.
- Application Fee (CANNOT be Waived)
- The Office of Graduate Admissions charges a one-time fee for the application ($95)