Resources for Undergraduate Student Projects

Resources for Student Projects

The AEM Department recognizes the value of student design projects and competitions to our students' education, and encourages these projects. The department has tried to help support these projects financially. However given our limited discretionary funds and the increasing number of requests for these funds, it is critical that student groups are well organized both in asking for and spending departmental (and other) funds.

In general the student projects are either part of the Senior Design courses taken for credit (AEM 4331 and AEM 4333) or are extracurricular and not for class credit. Senior Design projects have priority over the extracurricular activities, including assignment of space in the department.

If ever in doubt about something being within the University Travel Policy, reimbursement, or purchases, please see Molly Schmitz or Lisa Schouviller in 107 Akerman Hall or send them an e-mail at:

NOTE: For any student group, supplies are guaranteed by approved department budget only. Travel funding is not guaranteed, is limited, and will be evaluated each year.

Design Team