The AEM department is a close-knit group of instructors and learners, as students interact with faculty every day through coursework and projects. Each faculty is personally committed to helping students become well-rounded engineers with the skills they need to move into and thrive within a variety of fields.
It’s a simple but powerful formula, with a long list of high rankings to prove it.
UMN AEM academics, by the numbers:
- Ranked #4 in the nation by Princeton Review’s Gourman Report on Undergraduate Programs
- Ranked #4 in the nation in the 2018 National Research Council (NRC) Assessment of Doctoral Research Programs
- Tied for #16 in the U.S. News 2016 rankings of aerospace engineering graduate programs
- Ranked #1 on the 2007 Faculty Scholarship Productivity Index from the Chronicle of Higher Education for departments with fewer than 20 faculty members
- Ranked #2 in the same index for percentage of faculty with journal publication cited by another work
- Ranked #5 overall in the same index for public universities and #10 for all institutions