Ryan S. Elliott
Ryan S. ElliottProfessor & Director of Graduate Studies, Aerospace Engineering Mechanics
2014: Thomas J.R Hughes Young Investigator Award (ASME)
2012-2015: Russell J. Penrose Faculty Fellow, University of Minnesota
2009-Present: Associate Fellows, MN Supercomputing Institute, University of Minnesota
2009-2011: McKnight Land-Grant Professor, University of Minnesota
2009: Associate Fellow, Minneosta Supercomputing Institute, University of Minnesota
2007-Present: CAREER Grant, National Science Foundation, USA
2005: Frederick A. Howes Scholar in Computational Science, US Department of Energy
2004: Ivor K. McIvor Award in Applied Mechanics, University of Michigan
2000-2004: Computational Science Graduate Fellowship (CSGF), US Department of Energy
1999: Ph.D.-Course/Advanced School Scholarship, DCAMM, Technical University of Denmark
1998: Tua Beta Pi- Matthews Fellow
1998: College of Engineering Fellowship, University of Michigan
1995-1997: College of Engineering Undergraduate Fellowship, Michigan State University
Ellad B. Tadmor, Ronald E. Miller and Ryan S. Elliott, Continuum Mechanics and Thermodynamics: From Fundamental Concepts to Governing Equations, Cambridge University Press, 2011.
Software & Cyberinfrastructures
- kim-api: https://github.com/openkim/kim-api
Knowledgebase of Interatomic Models (KIM) Application Programming Interface (API).
This open source software package is currently extensively used by the atomistic materials modeling community and is a key software component of the KIM project.
- Knowledgebase of Interatomic Models (KIM): https://openkim.org
Cyberinfrastructure associated with the Knowledgebase of Interatomic Models (KIM) project. It serves as the central repository and testing hub for interatomic potentials.
- ColabFit: https://colabfit.org
Cyberinfrastructure associated with the Collaborative Development of Data-Driven Interatomic Potentials for Predictive Molecular Simulations.
- Shrinidhi S. Pandurangi, Ryan S. Elliott, Timothy J. Healey, Nicolas Triantafyllidis, 2020, "Stable Spatially Localized Configurations in a Simple Structure—A Global Symmetry-Breaking Approach", Journal of Elasticity, 142, 163-199, (Journal Article)
- Daniel S. Karls, M. Bierbaum, Alexander A. Alemi, Ryan S. Elliott, James P. Sethna, Ellad B. Tadmor, 2020, "The OpenKIM processing pipeline: A cloud-based automatic material property computation engine", Journal of Chemical Physics, 153, 064104, (Journal Article)
- Christelle Combescure, Ryan S. Elliott, Nicolas Triantafyllidis, 2020, "Deformation patterns and their stability in finitely strained circular cell honeycombs", Journal of the Mechanics and Physics of Solids, 142, 103976, (Journal Article)
- Vincent Jusuf, Ryan S. Elliott, 2020, "A framework for the interpretation of modulated martensites in shape memory alloys", Journal of the Mechanics ad Physics of Solids, 138, 103879, (Journal Article)
- Amartya S. Banerjee, Ryan S. Elliott, Richard D. James., 2015, "A spectral scheme for Kohn-Sham density functional theory of clusters", Journal of Computational Physics, 287:226,253, (Journal Article)