Bruker D8 Discover
Location: 8B Shepherd Labs
The Bruker D8 Discover is a Co Kα radiation point source, two dimensional x-ray diffractometer that specializes in spatially resolved x-ray diffraction analysis and x-ray diffraction on very small sample volumes. This diffractometer is ideal for inhomogenous samples, small devices, and three-dimensional objects where discrete regions of a sample are required for x-ray diffraction analysis.
- Co Kα radiation, point source filtered with a graphite monochromator
- X-ray point collimation to various illumination sizes (0.8, 0.5, 0.2, 0.1, & 0.05 mm)
- VÅNTEC-500 two-dimensional x-ray detector with 0.04° angle resolution at 15 cm sample-to-detector distance
- Laser / video microscope sample alignment system
- Multi-sample x,y,z stage designed for high throughput sample analysis or spatially resolved x-ray diffraction analysis