A Thriving Community of Learners and Scholars
The ISyE program has seen rapid growth in enrollment, faculty, and industry support.
Our mission: To be a leading industrial and systems engineering department in research and education
- To conduct research at the forefront of relevant fields and on problems that are of societal relevance
- To provide our students with an exceptional education that enables them to have successful careers in a wide range of domains
- To engage in service to the University, the profession, and the community
- To attract and retain the best faculty, staff, and students
- To cultivate a culture focused on excellence, innovation, and collaboration
Major in a Field Rooted in the Real World
ISyE graduates blend proficiency in engineering and business to help organizations in a variety of industries operate smarter and more efficiently.
Explore Our Programs
We currently offer B.S., M.S., and Ph.D. degrees in Industrial and Systems Engineering, a combined B.S.-M.S. program, and a dual M.S. degree with the Department of Civil Engineering in Transportation Engineering. There are three tracks in the M.S. program: Industrial Engineering, Systems Engineering, and Analytics.
Core courses cover foundational topics in Industrial Engineering, Operations Research, Operations Management, Data Sciences, Economic Theory, and Systems Engineering.