Shuzhong ZhangProfessor, Industrial and Systems Engineering
Honors and Awards
- The 2015 SPS Signal Processing Magazine Best Paper Award;
- IEEE Signal Processing Society Best Paper Award, 2009.
- The SIAM Outstanding Paper Prize, 2003.
- The Young Researcher Award, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, 2003.
- The Vice-Chancellor’s Exemplary Teaching Award, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, 2001.
- Erasmus University Research Prize, 1999.
- J. Zhang, M. Hong, and S. Zhang, On Lower Iteration Complexity Bounds for the Saddle Point Problems, forthcoming in Mathematical Programming.
- J. Zhang, L. Xiao, and S. Zhang, Adaptive Stochastic Variance Reduction for Subsampled Newton Method with Cubic Regularization, forthcoming in INFORMS Journal on Optimization.
- B. Jiang, H. Wang, and S. Zhang, An Optimal High-Order Tensor Method for Convex Optimization, forthcoming in Mathematics of Operations Research.
- T. Lin, S. Ma, Y. Ye, and S. Zhang, An ADMM-Based Interior-Point Method for Large-Scale Linear Programming, Optimization Methods and Software, 36 (2-3), 389 – 424, 2021.
- B. Jiang, T. Lin, and S. Zhang, A Unified Scheme to Accelerate Adaptive Cubic Regularization and Gradient Methods for Convex Optimization, SIAM Journal on Optimization, 30 (4), 2897–2926, 2020.
- J. Zhang, S. Ma, and S. Zhang, Primal-Dual Optimization Algorithms over Riemannian Manifolds: an Iteration Complexity Analysis. To appear in Mathematical Programming.
- X. Gao, Y. Xu, and S. Zhang, Randomized Primal-Dual Proximal Block Coordinate Updates, Journal of the Operations Research Society of China, 7 (2), 205 – 250, 2019.
- C. Lu, Y.F. Liu, W.Q. Zhang, and S. Zhang, Tightness of a New and Enhanced Semidefinite Relaxation for MIMO Detection, SIAM Journal on Optimization, 29 (1), 719 – 742, 2019.
- B. Jiang, T. Lin, S. Ma, and S. Zhang, Structured Nonconvex and Nonsmooth Optimization: Algorithms and Iteration Complexity Analysis, Computational Optimization and Applications, 72, 15 - 157, 2019.
- B. Jiang, S. Ma and S. Zhang, Low-M-Rank Tensor Completion and Robust Tensor PCA, IEEE Journal of Selected Topics in Signal Processing,12 (6), 1390 – 1404, 2018.
- J. Zhang, H. Liu, Z. Wen, and S. Zhang, A Sparse Completely Positive Relaxation of the Modularity Maximization for Community Detection, SIAM Journal of Scientific Computing, 40 (5), A3091-A3120, 2018.
- T. Lin, S. Ma, and S. Zhang, Global Convergence of Unmodified 3-Block ADMM for a Class of Convex Minimization Problems. SIAM Journal on Scientific Computing, 76, 69 - 88, 2018.
- X. Gao, B. Jiang and S. Zhang, On the Information-Adaptive Variants of the ADMM: an Iteration Complexity Perspective, Journal of Scientific Computing, 76 (1), 327 – 363, 2018.
- Y. Xu and S. Zhang, Accelerated Primal-Dual Proximal Block Coordinate Updating Methods for Constrained Convex Optimization, Computational Optimization and Applications, 70 (1), 91 - 128, 2018.
- B. Jiang, F. Yang, and S. Zhang, Tensor and Its Tucker Core: the Invariance Relationships. Numerical Linear Algebra with Applications, 24 (3), 2017. DOI: 10.1002/nla.2086.
- B. Chen, S. He, Z. Li, and S. Zhang, On new classes of nonnegative symmetric tensors, SIAM Journal on Optimization, 27 (1), 292 – 318, 2017.
- B. Jiang, Z. Li, and S. Zhang, On Cones of Nonnegative Quartic Forms, Foundations of Computational Mathematics, 17, 161 – 197, 2017.
- T. Lin, S. Ma and S. Zhang, An Extragradient-Based Alternating Direction Method for Convex Minimization, Foundations of Computational Mathematics, 17, 35 – 59, 2017.