Applying to Visit
The following includes application instructions and forms for each category of IRM Visitors. If you have any questions about which category best fits your needs, or otherwise require assistance with your application, please feel free to contact us to discuss your research.
The Visitor Application Form is now online (links below) and supplementary Project Descriptions should still be e-mailed to email@example.com.
Visiting Research Fellowships
For visits of up to 10 days and with access to all IRM instrumentation. Potential visitors should submit a short application including:
- Application and Equipment Request Form -- outlines vital statistics and a concise summary of the proposed project.
- Project Description -- up to 3 pages (including text, additional figures and tables as necessary) outlining research goals and plans.
U.S. Visiting Student Fellowships
The U.S. Visiting Student application should be jointly prepared by the student and their advisor, and will consist of:
- Application and Equipment Request Form -- Outlines vital statistics of the proposed project.
- Project Description -- Written by the student. This should be a short (1 page) description of the problem you would like to address with magnetic measurements and (if known) a proposed experimental plan. An additional pge of supporting figures and tables may also be included.
- Letter of Support -- Written by the student's advisor. This letter should endores the student's proposed research and describe any financial support that will be provided by the student's home institution. (Financial support encouraged but not required.)
Potential visitors who are interested primarily in using the u-channel magnetometer system should submit a short (no longer than 3 pages) application including:
- Application and Equipment Request Form -- Outlines vital statisticsand a concise summary of the proposed project.
- Project Description -- up to 3 pages, including text, additional figures and tables as necessary.
- A brief outline of research goals.
- Type and number of samples to be measured (u-channel cores or discrete samples).
- Type of measurements to be made
- Estimated number of days required.
- Application for fee waiver (optional) -- lists your sources of support and reasons for requesting a fee waiver.
If you require access to only two or three instruments, for periods up to 3 days, please contact us about scheduling an informal visit. These visits are accomodated throughout the year as scheduling permits. Please contact Facility Manager Maxwell Brown (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information and to arrange a visit. It is best to send a short (1 paragraph) description of your research interests, equipment needs, and preferred dates.