Paul StrykowskiGeorge W. Taylor Distinguished Professor, Associate Dean for Undergraduate Programs, Mechanical Engineering
Ph.D. 1986, Mechanical Engineering, Yale University
M.S. 1983, Mechanical Engineering, Yale University
B.S. 1982, Mechanical Engineering, University of Wisconsin
- Spatio-Temporal Stability Theory
- Multi-Phase Turbulent Flows
- The Influence of Compressibility, Density Effects, and Curvature on Flow Control
- Heat Release in Propulsion Systems
|Shear Flow Control Laboratory||ME 471|
Honors and Awards
- 1999 George Taylor Distinguished Teaching Award
- 2000 Charles E. Bower Faculty Award
- 2000 Horace Morse Distinguished Teaching Professor
- 2004 Seven Wonders of Engineering Awards, MSPE
- E. Johnson, V. Srinivasan, P. Strykowski, A. Hoxie, “Role of density in gas-assist counterflow atomization,” ILASS-Americas 30th Annual Conference on Liquid Atomization and Spray Systems, Tempe, AZ, May 12-15, 2019.
- T.G. Shepard, J. Lee, B. Yan, and P.J. Strykowski, “Parameters affecting bubble formation and size distribution from porous media,” J. Fluids Engineering, Volume 138, Number 3, 2016, 031202.
- H. Kanchi, K. Russell, M.J. Anderson, S.P. Beard, P.J. Strykowski, and F. Mashayek, “Fluidic control with microjets in dump combustors,” International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, Volume 54, 2011, pp. 5395-5405.
- V. Srinivasan, M.P. Hallberg, and P.J. Strykowski, “Viscous linear stability of axisymmetric low-density jets: parameters influencing absolute instability,” Physics of Fluids, Volume 22, Number 2, 2010, 024103.
- A.A. Behrens, J.M Lutz, and P.J. Strykowski, “Instantaneous flame anchor measurements behind a rearward-facing step,” AIAA Journal, Volume 47, Number 6, 2009, pp. 1350-1357.