How to Apply? (Online MSECE)
Prospective students located in the United States have the option to complete the MSECE degree program online through the University’s UNITE Distributed Learning office. The program is open to students for spring 2022 admission and the department is now accepting applications for the spring 2022 and fall 2022 semesters. As you prepare to apply to our master’s degree program, do keep in mind the following:
- You can complete only the MSECE Coursework Only Option (Plan C) remotely via UNITE
- You can be part time or full time under the MSECE online degree program
- If you complete 100% of your coursework in a semester through UNITE, you will be charged the in-state tuition rate, regardless of your location in the US. NOTE: Students enrolling in courses through UNITE pay a UNITE Special Fee for UNITE services. Details are available at UNITE Tuition and Fees.
- As a UNITE applicant you will follow the same application instructions as all other MSECE applicants.
- Deadline for spring admission is October 15.
- Fall admission applications can be submitted between January 1 and
- Application fee waiver requests for fall 2023 admission must be submitted through the ECE Application Fee Waiver Request form. The form will open up on Oct 1, 2022 to accept applications. Priority will be given to requests submitted by November 15.
Application Instructions for MSECE Online
Apply online at the University of Minnesota Graduate Admissions website. You can start an application and return later to finish, so don’t hesitate to create an account and start applying.
List of application materials
Below is a list of items you will eventually need to complete your application. Please read through the list below carefully and include all the materials that are listed here:
1. Transcripts/Academic Records
Upload transcripts in the “Academic History” section of the online application.
You must upload unofficial transcripts or academic records for each higher learning institution where you have earned credit, including partial or incomplete transcripts.
2. Curriculum Vitae (CV)
Your curriculum vitae should include your educational and academic background, teaching and research experience, publications, awards, presentations, honors, activities, and additional details.
3. Personal Statement
Your personal statement should include:
- Professional and academic background, skills, and accomplishments
- If you are an international student, please provide the rank of your undergraduate University compared with other engineering universities in your home country
- Research interests
- Future career goals
4. Three Letters of Recommendation
Three letters of recommendations are required. You will need to list at least three email addresses on your online line graduate application.
The online application includes a section for you to enter the contact information for your recommenders. Please notify the individuals you select as recommenders that they will receive an email from the application system with instructions on how to submit their letters.
It is okay to submit your application before your recommenders have submitted their recommendation to us. If a recommender is having difficulty and cannot submit their recommendation, they can email it directly to Sarah Dohm at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please ask your recommenders to speak to your technical and academic abilities, and why they believe you will be successful in a graduate program.
5. English Language Test Scores
Please use the institution code 6874.
Please read the information about each English language exam the University of Minnesota accepts.
To learn if your scores have been received by the Graduate School, please check your application status.
GRE scores are not required for fall 2022, spring 2023, and fall 2023 admission.
Please review our Admissions FAQ Guide for questions about your application or our admission process.
If you have any additional questions about our program or our admission process that are not addressed in the Admissions FAQ Guide, please email us at email email@example.com.