MOT Admissions Requirements
M.S. in Management of Technology: Executive Education for Technology Leaders
The Master of Science in Management of Technology (MOT) degree program is aimed at transforming engineering, science and other technical professionals into business leaders. The mission and goals of all TLI degree programs are achieved by carefully selecting candidates through a rigorous interview and selection process. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis for the MOT program's fall start (Aug.) of each year. Qualified applicants will be invited to interview with the MOT director of graduate studies before receiving an admissions decision. Dates are as follows:
New student orientation
Classes begin for new cohort
Candidates often exceed the following minimum requirements, and qualified applicants are interviewed and admitted throughout the year:
- Undergraduate degree
- Demonstrated tech-based managerial/leadership experience
- Minimum of five years of full-time work experience in a science, engineering or technology-related area (applicants with at least three years of work experience and demonstrated leadership ability will be considered)
- Cumulative undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Corporate endorsement
- Candidates that do not meet the program's admission requirements may be asked to submit GRE or GMAT scores
- English language test scores are needed from international students (minimum of 90 on the TOEFL required)
Attend an Information Session
We strongly encourage all prospective students attend an information session before applying to TLI graduate programs. Our information sessions give candidates an opportunity to meet faculty, ask questions about financial aid and get a better understanding of the curriculum. Candidates can register by viewing the information session calendar.
Our admissions team is here to help!
Whether you'd like to ask questions about the program or connect with a recent graduate of the program, an admissions associate can help you decide whether the MOT program is right for you.