MDI Admissions Requirements
M.S. in Medical Device Innovation: Turning Medical Innovators Into Business Leaders
Now more than ever, the high-tech world needs global leaders who can examine complicated challenges, think critically, and arrive at new and exciting solutions. The Master of Science in Medical Device Innovation (MDI) degree program aims to address this need by carefully selecting the next generation of industry leaders through a rigorous interview process. We highly encourage anyone who is interested to apply early. Admissions review is done on a rolling basis for the program's fall start. Admission will be awarded based on available space in the cohort. Qualified applicants will be invited to interview with the MDI Program Fellow. Key dates are listed below:
New student orientation
Qualified applicants, including new graduates and industry professionals, are interviewed and admitted throughout the year:
- Undergraduate degree
- Cumulative undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or above
- Demonstrated leadership potential or experience
*Applicants not meeting these criteria may be considered on a case-by-case basis and are encouraged to provide additional information supporting the application.
- Cumulative undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Graduating seniors and recent graduates with demonstrated leadership potential or experience are encouraged to apply.
- Applicants are required to provide proof of English language proficiency and must be demonstrated in one of the following ways:
- Complete at least the last 2 years of a bachelor's degree or 1 year of graduate school (Full-Time) in the U.S., U..K., Ireland, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Anglophone Africa, or the English-speaking Caribbean and will provide official transcripts.
- Complete education solely in English in a country where English is not the official language and will provide documented proof (Ex. India).
- Will provide the official results of an English language test taken within the last two years. We accept tests from TOEFL, IELTS, PTE Academic, and Duolingo. Competitive candidates typically have scores within the following ranges:
- TOEFL - 90 and above
- IELTS - 7.0 and above
- PTE Academic - 65 and above
- Duolingo- overall score 120 and above, literacy score 120 and above
Attend an Information Session
We strongly encourage all prospective students attend an information session before applying to TLI graduate programs. Our information sessions give candidates an opportunity to meet faculty, ask questions about financial aid and get a better understanding of the curriculum. Candidates can register by viewing the information session calendar.
Our admissions team is here to help!
Whether you'd like to ask questions about the program or connect with a recent graduate of the program, an admissions associate can help you decide whether the MDI program is right for you.