ST Admissions Requirements
M.S. in Security Technologies: Become a Threat Expert
The Master of Science in Security Technologies (ST) degree program prepares students to address the threats and emerging security challenges of tomorrow, today. ST applications are reviewed on a rolling basis for the program's September start, and applicants may be invited to interview with the ST Program Fellow. Admission is awarded based on space availability, so we highly encourage interested candidates to apply early. Key dates are as follows:
New student orientation
Qualified applicants, including new graduates and industry professionals, are interviewed and admitted throughout the year:
- Undergraduate degree
- Cumulative undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or above
- Demonstrated leadership potential or experience
- All students are required to consent to and successfully pass a background check in order to enroll in ST courses
*Applicants not meeting these criteria may be considered on a case-by-case basis and are encouraged to provide additional information supporting the application.
- Cumulative undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Graduating seniors and recent graduates with demonstrated leadership potential or experience are encouraged to apply.
- Applicants are required to provide proof of English language proficiency and must be demonstrated in one of the following ways:
- Complete at least the last 2 years of a bachelor's degree or 1 year of graduate school (Full-Time) in the U.S., U..K., Ireland, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Anglophone Africa, or the English-speaking Caribbean and will provide official transcripts.
- Complete education solely in English in a country where English is not the official language and will provide documented proof (Ex. India).
- Will provide the official results of an English language test taken within the last two years. We accept tests from TOEFL, IELTS, PTE Academic, and Duolingo. Competitive candidates typically have scores within the following ranges:
- TOEFL - 90 and above
- IELTS - 7.0 and above
- PTE Academic - 65 and above
- Duolingo- overall score 120 and above, literacy score 120 and above
Attend an Information Session
We strongly encourage all prospective students attend an information session before applying to TLI graduate programs. Our information sessions give candidates an opportunity to meet faculty, ask questions about financial aid and get a better understanding of the curriculum. Candidates can register by viewing the information session calendar.
Our admissions team is here to help!
Whether you'd like to ask questions about the program or connect with a recent graduate of the program, an admissions associate can help you decide whether the ST program is right for you.