The CSD Facility maintains a large inventory of specialized lab supplies to support researchers working at the Facility or their own institutions. Materials include:
- D-tubes (standard): Split-core storage of cores up to ~7.6 cm (3 inch) outer diameter: 155 cm long; internal dimensions are 4.5cm (1.75 inch) (h) by 8.3cm (3.25 inch) (w), with a wall thickness of about 1mm (1/16 inch).
- D-tubes (large): Split-core storage of cores up to ~11.4 cm (4.5 inches) outer diameter: 155 cm long; internal dimensions are 6.3 cm (2.5 inch) (h) by 12.2 cm (4.75 inches) (w), with a wall thickness of about 2mm (1/8 inch).
- U-channels: Polystyrene channel and cap for collection of continuous 2 cm wide x 2 cm deep sample from split cores of soft sediment. 155 cm length.
- Polycons: Hinged lid sample containers for simplified subsample collection and use. Purchase from: https://www.lacontainerstore.com/Lacons-supregsup_c_9.html
- Optical cement: Mounting medium for smear slides. Purchase from: https://www.norlandproducts2.com/adhesives/adproductsdetail_header_removed.asp?Prdid=61
Contact Kristina Brady Shannon for details.