Data generated at the CSD Facility and sample metadata are permanently archived and available for distribution following NSF data access policies.
- Core and subsample metadata
- Core images and image-derived color data
- Lithologic descriptions
- Smear slide descriptions
- Multisensor core logger data
- Magnetic susceptibility (loop and point sensors)
- Gamma density
- p-Wave velocity and amplitude
- Electrical resistivity
- Natural gamma radiation
- Color reflectance spectrophotometry
- XRF core scanner elemental data
- X-radiographic core images
- X-radiographic computed tomography (CT) slices and 3D reconstructions
- Subsample analytical data: grain size, loss on ignition, TIC/TOC/TC, biogenic silica, water content, etc.
Core metadata only:
Data on our core collection is currently available in multiple formats:
- CSV Spreadsheet (CSV, 998KB)
This comma-separated value spreadsheet offers the most complete information (i.e., sample type, date, ID, etc.). This format is most useful for searching and sorting.
- Google Earth (KML, 3.3MB)
This Google Earth file maps the location of all cores currently in the collection.
Additional data access:
- Contact the CSD Facility Curator
- Open Core Data — in development