Assistant Professor Zhen Liu joined the school on December 28, 2020. He is originally from Zhenghou, an ancient city in central China. “I grew up near the old dirt city wall built 2200 years ago,”
Effort aims to accelerate the discovery of next generation computing and communications systems
Emeritus Professor Jake Waddington of the School of Physics and Astronomy passed away on October 1, 2020. He was 91 years old.
Professor Emeritus Robert Pepin of the School of Physics and Astronomy will receive the 2020 Fred Whipple Award from the American Geophysical Union (AGU).
More About Seminar Calendars
- All Seminars
- Biophysics Seminar
- Center for Excellence in Sensing Technologies & Analytics (CESTA) Seminar
- Center for Quantum Materials (CQM) Seminar
- Condensed Matter (CM) Journal Club
- Condensed Matter (CM) Sack Lunch Seminar
- Condensed Matter (CM) Seminar
- Cosmology (Cosmo) Lunch Seminar
- Elementary Particle Physics (Elem. Part. Phys.) Seminar
- Fine Theoretical Physics Institute (FTPI) Seminar
- High Energy (HEP) Theory Lunch Seminar
- Introduction to Research
- Minnesota Institute for Astrophysics (MIFA) Colloquium
- Minnesota Institute for Astrophysics (MIFA) Journal Club
- Nuclear Theory Seminar
- Physics and Astronomy Colloquium
- Physics Education Research (PER) Seminar
- Space Physics Seminar
Michael Coughlin of the School of Physics and Astronomy is part of collaboration that made a breakthrough in measuring the expansion rate of the Universe.