Graduation & beyond

Expand all

What's needed to get my degree?

Check out the information available at the University's One Stop student services. You must submit an application for graduation online. The Academic Progress Audit System (APAS) form is used to clear you for graduation. Be sure to check this form well in advance of your graduation and clear all discrepancies prior to your final term.

How do I participate in commencement?

Visit One Stop student services for information. Apply with your college's office to take part in commencement. You are not required to take part in your college's commencement ceremony. Take our senior survey.

When is commencement?


When is the Department of Chemistry's graduation reception?

You're invited to our reception for all chemistry major graduates (prior to the CSE commencement)

Date:  TBD

100 Smith Hall
4:45-5 p.m. buffet reception
5-5:30 p.m. recognition reception for scholarship recipients and graduates
5:45 p.m. group photo on the front steps of Smith Hall (please wear your commencement gown and hat)

Are resources available to help me with careers?

The colleges' Career Services Offices:

  • conduct workshops;
  • have videotapes giving you tips on job hunting and resume writing;
  • have libraries containing  information on a number of companies;
  • provide individual counseling;
  • maintain lists of full-time, part-time, and summer jobs; and
  • keep your resume on file for company representatives.

College of Science & Engineering
CSE Career Center
105 Lind Hall

College of Liberal Arts
Career Services
411 Bruininks Hall