We are committed to safety for all of our students, faculty, staff, and post-doctorates, both inside and outside of our laboratories. We have a number of resources to ensure that we have and continuously foster an ongoing culture of safety in our department. Comprehensive information is available on our Faculty/Staff and Student intranets.
Call 911 for all emergencies (police, fire, ambulance).
- For a chemical release of any size, it is always acceptable to call 911.
- For a chemical spill that requires a prompt response, but is not an emergency, you can call 911 and ask to "consult with DEHS staff on call."
If you call an emergency number, notify the front office as soon as possible, 612-624-6000.
- Fire Department: 911
- Police Department: 911
- Ambulance: 911
- Chemical spills, Emergency: 911
- Chemical spills, Non-emergent: 911, and ask to consult with DEHS staff on call
- Department of Environmental Health & Safety: 612-626-6002
- Facilities Management: 612-624-2900
- Poison Treatment: 1-800-222-1222
- Sexual Violence (Aurora Center crisis line): 612-626-9111
- Suicide Prevention: 612-347-2222