- We are not currently hiring for a faculty position, but have searches in the works for late 2024 and beyond! Please check back for updates! Learn more about our faculty
- Postdoctoral Associate - General Posting
The Department of Earth & Environmental Sciences at the University of Minnesota -Twin Cities may have postdoctoral positions available (contingent upon funding) for conducting research with faculty members. This position description is intended to facilitate hiring when positions are available.
Faculty research specialties include, but are not limited to, geochemistry, geophysics, hydrogeology, petrology, structural geology, rock and mineral physics, climate studies, geodynamics, geo(micro)biology, biogeochemistry, paleontology, and tectonics.
Positions may become available during the academic year. Minimum requirements for postdoctoral associate positions are a Ph.D. in physical or biological sciences or allied fields, depending on the specific position available.
Before applying, it is highly recommended that interested persons review faculty research webpages and to contact faculty member(s) directly.
Candidates must apply online at UMN's "Find a Job" Site; Job Posting ID Number: 356500*; and must submit CV/Resume and a Cover Letter. Recommended but not required are Statement of Research Interests and Names of Three References. (*See below for instructions on finding the job posting in the employment system.)
*To find the job posting:
- Click on this link: UMN's "Find a Job" Site
- Click on the appropriate 'button' for your status (e.g. "External Faculty and Staff Applications")
- In 'Keywords' - type corresponding JOB POSTING ID NUMBER and hit the SEARCH button
- Click on the job posting, please read through it in case there are specific instructions, then when you are ready, hit the "Apply" button at the bottom of the page.