Before applying to a major, you must first be admitted to the College appropriate to the degree you seek.
- Visit this College of Science and Engineering page which has detailed information for applying to the College as well as declaring a BS major.
- Visit this College of Liberal Arts page for details on declaring a BA major.
- In all cases, communication with our Department's Director of Graduate Studies will be necessary. See Departmental Advising below.
Our department offers two minors: Geology and Environmental Geocience. Both are flexible yet have unique requirements. An application form [LINK?] and consultation with the Director of Undergraduate Studies is required.
As with declaring a major, if you are transferring from one campus or College to another, you must first apply for transfer into the College appropriate to the degree you seek. Please review OneStop's page on transferring majors.
- College of Science & Engineering (BS)
- New Student Transfers to CSE
- Transfer from within the University
- Transfer majors within CSE: If you have already been admitted to a major in the College of Science and Engineering (upper-division) and would like to change your major or add an additional major, you can apply to do so using the admission to the major database. Applications are processed using the timeline listed above.
- College of Liberal Arts (BA)
- Lars Hansen, Director of Undergraduate Studies
email@example.com; 612-301-3294; Drop-In Office Hours TBD
- Other members of the Undergraduate Studies Committee available for advising include
- Peter Kang, Tate Hall, Room 385-24, Advising Drop-In Hours Mondays, 3:00 p.m.-5:00 p.m.
- Bruce Moskowitz, Tate Hall, Room 241, Advising Drop-In Hours Fridays, 1:00 p.m.-3:00 p.m. (via zoom)
- Vera Pospelova, Tate Hall, Room 370, Advising Drop-In Hours Wednesdays, 10:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. (via Zoom)
- Other important members of the Undergraduate Studies Committee include, Kent Kirkby and Jen Petrie (Student Personnel Coordinator).