How do I declare a major?

Before applying to a major, you must first be admitted to the College appropriate to the degree you seek.

How do I declare a minor?

Our department offers two minors: Geology and Environmental Geocience.  Both are flexible yet have unique requirements. An application form [LINK?] and consultation with the Director of Undergraduate Studies is required.

How do I transfer into one of your majors?

As with declaring a major, if you are transferring from one campus or College to another, you must first apply for transfer into the College appropriate to the degree you seek. Please review OneStop's page on transferring majors.

Departmental Advising

  • Lars Hansen, Director of Undergraduate Studies; 612-301-3294; Drop-In Office Hours TBD
  • Other members of the Undergraduate Studies Committee available for advising include
    • Peter Kang, Tate Hall, Room 385-24, Advising Drop-In Hours Mondays, 3:00 p.m.-5:00 p.m.
    • Bruce Moskowitz, Tate Hall, Room 241, Advising Drop-In Hours Fridays, 1:00 p.m.-3:00 p.m. (via zoom)
    • Vera Pospelova, Tate Hall, Room 370, Advising Drop-In Hours Wednesdays, 10:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. (via Zoom)
    • Other important members of the Undergraduate Studies Committee include, Kent Kirkby and Jen Petrie (Student Personnel Coordinator).