Peter K. Kang
Peter K. KangMcKnight Land-Grant Assistant Professor & Gibson Chair of Hydrogeology, Department of Earth & Environmental Sciences
Honors and Awards
- NSF CAREER Award, National Science Foundation, 2021
- McKnight Land-Grant Professorship, University of Minnesota, 2021
- ACS PRF Doctoral New Investigator (DNI) Award, American Chemical Society, 2021
- 3M Non-tenured Faculty Award (NTFA), The 3M Company, 2019
- Best paper award from Korean Society of Soil and Groundwater Environment, 2016
- MIT Carroll L. Wilson Award for a biosand filter project in Tanzania and Nigeria, 2014
- MIT Martin Family Society of Fellows for Sustainability, 2013
- New England Water Environment Association (NEWEA) scholarship award, 2013
- Department of Energy Office of Science Graduate Fellowship (DOE SCGF) award, 2010-2013
- Outstanding Student Presentation Awards (OSPA) from AGU Fall meeting, 2010, 2011
* Visit my google scholar profile for the complete publication information
- S. Yoon, M. Dentz, and P. K. Kang. Optimal Fluid Stretching for Mixing-limited Reactions in Rough Channel Flows. Journal of Fluid Mechanics, 2021.
- S. Yoon and P. K. Kang. Roughness, inertia, and diffusion effects on anomalous transport in rough channel flows. Physical Review Fluids, 2021.
- P. K. Kang, J. D. Hyman, W. S. Han, and M. Dentz. Anomalous Transport in Three-Dimensional Discrete Fracture Networks: Interplay between Aperture Heterogeneity and Particle Injection Modes. Water Resources Research, 2020.
- S. H. Lee and P. K. Kang. Three-dimensional Vortex-induced Reaction Hotspots at Flow Intersections. Physical Review Letters, 2020.
- P. K. Kang, Q. Lei, M. Dentz, and R. Juanes, Stress-induced anomalous transport in natural fracture networks. Water Resources Research, 2019.
- P. K. Kang, J. Lee, X. Fu, S. Lee, P. K. Kitanidis, and R. Juanes, Improved characterization of heterogeneous permeability in saline aquifers from transient pressure data during freshwater injection. Water Resources Research, 2017.
- P. K. Kang, S. Brown, and R. Juanes, Emergence of anomalous transport in stressed rough fractures. Earth and Planetary Science Letters, 2016.
- P. K. Kang, T. Le Borgne, M. Dentz, O. Bour, and R. Juanes, Impact of velocity correlation and distribution on transport in fractured media: field evidence and theoretical model. Water Resources Research, 2015.
- P. K. Kang, P. de Anna, J. P. Nunes, B. Bijeljic, M. J. Blunt, and R. Juanes. Pore-scale intermittent velocity structure underpinning anomalous transport through 3D porous media. Geophysical Research Letters, 2014.
- P. K. Kang, M. Dentz, T. Le Borgne, and R. Juanes. Spatial Markov Model of Anomalous Transport Through Random Lattice Networks. Physical Review Letters, 201