Sites Required to Onboard
Some CSE websites are required to onboard to CSE Web. See the list of CSE websites required to consolidate to help determine your next step.
NOTE: All sites required to consolidate must do so by June 30, 2021.
Sites Not Required to Onboard
If you are not on the list of sites, you are not required to onboard to the CSE website.
If you wish to be a part of CSE Web, follow the steps outlined below. Otherwise, you may create a website through Drupal Lite.
If you are looking to create a personal website, you may choose from the following options:
Onboard to CSE Web
While the high level steps are outlined below, CSE Software & Web Development (S&WD) and the CSE Communications Team (COMM) are committed to supporting your unit’s unique needs every step of the way. Don’t hesitate to let us know how we may be of assistance.
- UNIT: Email firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you’d like to begin the process.
- UNIT and S&WD: Meet with Mark Rapacz for an onboarding consultation. Discussion items include
- Current website
- Site editors
- Desired go-live date
- Site-specific functionality
- URLs and redirects
- Roles and responsibilities
- Resources and addressing any gaps
- UNIT and COMM: Meet with Rob McIntosh (email@example.com) for a consultation on content strategy, accessibility, and analytics.
- UNIT: Review your current site structure and content and create a plan for your new site.
- UNIT: Complete Digital Accessibility: Foundations training (required for all site editors).
- UNIT: Complete CSE Drupal Training course in Canvas (required for all site editors).
- UNIT: Log in to site space on CSE Web at cse.umn.edu/saml_login.
- UNIT: Create pages and enter new content.
- S&WD: Schedule a pre-launch review with Rob McIntosh.
- S&WD: Archive current website.
- UNIT and S&WD: Go-Live.
- UNIT: Maintain content on your new website, referring back to the guidelines on this website to help you in the process.