Images and media
To learn how to upload and add images to a page in Drupal, revisit the CSE Drupal Canvas Training.
If you need access to the Canvas course, email firstname.lastname@example.org and request to be added.
Customizable Image Settings
Images added to a page using the star button in the CKEditor allow for some display settings to be customized.
- The Display as dropdown menu lets you select the image embed size.
- Link to makes the image an image link, setting the destination URL for the link.
- The Align radio buttons lets you select the image alignment on the page.
Featured and widget images
You can also add images within widgets or to a basic page using the "Select Media" button, which appears in the "Featured Image" section of the Images edit tab on basic pages and in multiple widgets including the Portal Group and Carousel widgets. will appear with predefined display settings. Review the recommended image sizes for predefined images.
Change a featured or widget image
Once an image is selected, the "Select Media" button will be replaced with a "Current Selection" section with a preview of the selected image and options to remove or edit the image.
- To change the image, remove the current image and select a new image.
- IMPORTANT: Do not click "Edit" to change the image. This will change the image everywhere it appears on the site.
- Use "Edit" to update information such as alt text, the caption, or photo credit.