News and feature stories
News pages are for recent, noteworthy information or press releases that you want to post to your website. It has a header image, body text, and a sidebar for a featured image, related content, and a “related news releases” section. Learn more about the related news releases sidebar on the categories webpage.
Feature stories are similar to news. The layout of the page is almost identical to the news layout, except the “related news releases” section is instead titled “related feature stories." A feature story listing can be created on advanced or unit landing pages using the content listing widget.
Visit the CSE website to see an example of a feature story.
Editing news and feature stories
Once you create a news item or feature story, you'll be brought to an edit window, similar to that of a basic page. You can also reach this by clicking on the "Edit" tab above the page's title.
Similar to a basic page's edit window, there are General, Department, and Images tabs on the left hand side of the screen:
- General: Add a title, featured text, and body text on your basic page. The featured text appears in the feature story listing created with the content listing widget..
- Title: Set the page title that appears at the top of the page and in the browser tab.
- Featured text / summary: Add text that will appear in the list created by the content listing widget.
- Body: Add main content to the basic page. You can add text, images, video, and/or pull quotes here using the CKEditor. Ignore the “Edit Summary” link.
- Related content / Contact info: Add content to appear in the light yellow box on the right hand column. You can add text, images, and/or video here using the CKEditor.
- Department: Select your department or unit from the list. Optional: Select a category for your page which will populate your sidebar with other pages in that category in a related news releases/feature stories section. Learn more on the Categories webpage.
- Images: Add an optional header image, featured image, and featured image caption.
- Authoring information: Set the date and time the article was published. When migrating sites, this can be used to backdate older articles to the date they were published.
Save as/Change to: Determines if your page is public and how your changes are saved. Learn more about publishing pages.