Courses with Special Registration
Math Courses for CBS Students
Registration for Math 1241 (Fall semesters) and 2241 (Spring semesters) is restricted to CBS students. CBS students should be sure to check with their college advisor to make sure whether or not these courses meet their specific program requirements. Questions regarding registration to these courses should be sent via email the Undergraduate Mathematics Office email@example.com.
CSE Calculus Courses
MATH 1371, 1372, 2373, 2374 have priority seating for:
- CSE students who have at least one currently active program in CSE.
- Students, if space permits, who have previously completed or are currently enrolled in a CSE Calculus course may be considered for registration permission.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org to check on permission availability.
Upper Level Honors Math Courses
For registration to Math 5285H, 5345H, 5615H (Fall Semesters) or 5286H, 5616H (Spring Semesters), contact the Undergraduate Mathematics Office.
How is registration permission requested for upper level honors courses?
- Send an email from your UMNTC email account to email@example.com.
- Include the 4-digit course number, section number, and term for the course plus your 7-digit UMNTC ID number and your full name.
- State the reason for requesting this Honors Math course and note the semester when you completed its prerequisites.
Who will always need to ask permission to register?
- Any student who is not a math honors student (including graduate students).
- Any student including a math honors student who is taking a 5xxx level honors math course for the first time.
How are requests processed?
Due to the difficulty of these courses, transcripts will be run and an evaluation will be made by a Math faculty adviser concerning the student's readiness for the honors math course requested. Thus, an immediate response is not possible
8XXX Graduate Level Math Courses
Questions regarding entrance into Fall or Spring semester 8xxx level Graduate Math courses should be directed by email to the Undergraduate Mathematics Office: firstname.lastname@example.org. Requests from undergraduate students are vetted through the Honors Math Advisor and the instructor of the 8xxx level Math course.
CLA Capstone plus Independent, Directed, and Special Projects
- For the CLA Capstone, Math 4995 or 4997W, students need to have the Math Faculty Mentor with whom they will work send an email to email@example.com confirming the mentor's approval and work with the student plus which course (4995 or 4997W) is involved.
- For Math 4991 (CPT course registration), students need to email firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain the permissions process.
- For MATH 4992 or 4993, students must use the Directed Research/Directed Study contract.