Minor in Mathematics

Students in other graduate programs at the University of Minnesota may choose to minor in Mathematics.

How to declare the minor

GPAS students

  • Add the graduate minor through OneStop.
  • Complete the Minor Coursework form (UMN login required for form access).
  • Complete the steps communicated by the Mathematics Graduate Program Coordinator upon receiving coursework approval.

Graduate degree plan students

  • Indicate Mathematics in the minor field in part 2 of the Graduate Degree Plan.
  • Indicate coursework to be used to meet minor requirements as “outside.”
  • Obtain advisor approval.
  • Email your degree plan to mathgrad@umn.edu for Mathematic Director of Graduate Studies (DGS) approval.