Christofferson Undergraduate Scholarship
Provides scholarships for highly qualified women undergraduate students in Mathematics.
- 2020-2021: Kayla Lehtola, Han Lu, Nhung Pham, Kinsey Ruemmele, Chenyu Yu
- 2019-2020: Amanda Davenport, Moriah Elkin, Cara Nix
Hans H. Dalaker Scholarship
This fund was established in memory of Dr. Hans H. Dalaker, Professor of Mathematics and Mechanics from 1902 - 1940 by his son, Erling A. Dalaker. It supports undergraduate students studying mathematics within the College of Science and Engineering.
- 2021-2022: Trent Neutgens, Ethan Partida, Yanbo (Ray) Wang
- 2020-2021: Jameson Auger, Angela Chen, Nicolas Holt, Brandon Kolstoe, Trent Neutgens, Henry Twiss, Yanbo (Ray) Wang
- 2019-2020: Sean Mcnally, Jacob Ogden, Devon Tuma
Professor Mark I. Gilquist Undergraduate Scholarship
Dr. Neil O. Anderson, a professor in the Department of Horticultural Science, created this fund in 2014 in memory of his spouse of 23 years, Mark Gilquist, a teacher of mathematics and swimming coach with the Anoka-Hennepin School District for 33 years. The fund honors his memory by providing support for undergraduate students who are studying mathematics or are taking the mathematics education specialization.
- 2021-2022: Cole Hengel, Emma Law
- 2020-2021: Charles (Charlie) Ziemann
- 2019-2020: Allison Guidish
William L. Hart Scholarship
The late William L. Hart taught mathematics at the University from 1919 to 1961. To honor his long and distinguished career, his family established this fund, which provides one or more scholarships for undergraduate students who are enrolled in the School of Mathematics.
- 2021-2022: Benjamin Moats, Charles (Charlie) Ziemann
- 2018-2019: Pedro Angulo-Umaña, Emily Daniel, Jack Delaney, Jason Feng, James Hirsch, Nick Kanning, Emily Koithan, Justin Koo, Renn Otto, Yiping Song
Maximillian Lando Scholarship
- 2021-2022: Sauviz Alaei, Matheus Barcellos, Jimmy Christner, Davis Everson-Rose, Vismay Mehta, Grant Silewski, Yingjie (Alex) Zheng
- 2020-2021: Yulin (Alex) An, Jason Bassil, Davis Everson-Rose, Terrance Gray, Nicholas (Nick) Hanson, Minyoung Jeong, Jiafeng Li, Michael Markiewicz, Benjamin Moats, Alec Nilson, Rory Spanier, Chunan Su, Meggie Wen, Cole Wyeth, Cullen Zimmer
- 2019-2020: Alex An, Jacob Boerjan, Oleg Chernyshov, Daniel Fuszard, Augus Hsu, Emma Peterson, Rory Spanier, Jacob Strand, Meggie Wen, Wanchen Zhang, Charles Ziemann, Cullen Zimmer
Houghton and Edwin Lee Math Award
Brothers Edwin (BS ‘76 ME) and Houghton Lee (BS ‘84 EE, MS ‘90 EE) established this fund in grateful appreciation for their education and the successful careers it helped enable. Believing that math skills are essential and the foundation of all science and engineering disciplines, they established this scholarship to boost US students’ talent and competitiveness in the field of mathematics.The fund supports mathematics students who are able to demonstrate financial need and academic merit and who are graduates of a high school in the six-state area defined as Minnesota, Wisconsin, Iowa, South Dakota, North Dakota or Nebraska.
- 2021-2022: Simon Ziehr
Hans G. and Sophie L. Othmer Scholarship
Hans G. and Sophie L. Othmer created this fund in 2015 to recognize outstanding students and encourage their pursuit of scholastic achievement. The fund is intended to support undergraduate students in their sophomore year or later who are studying mathematics in the College of Science and Engineering. Extra consideration is given to students who are from outside the seven-county Twin Cities metropolitan area and those who are first-generation college students.
- 2021-2022: Annika Christiansen
- 2020-2021: Jameson Auger, Brandon Kolstoe
- 2019-2020: Tobey Haluptzok
Chieh and I-Fei Ouyang Scholarship
Chieh “Jack” Ouyang created this scholarship in memory of his late wife, I-Fei, who received her MS in mathematics from the University of Minnesota before teaching Mathematics at Century College. This scholarship supports exceptional mathematics undergraduate students who enhance the student body diversity in some way, especially female students.
- 2021-2022: Nhung Pham
Chull Park Memorial Scholarship
Myosik Hong Park created this fund in 2017 in memory of her husband, Dr. Chull Park, who received his Ph.D. in mathematics from the University of Minnesota. The fund is intended to provide support for full-time undergraduate students in the College of Science and Engineering who are studying mathematics.
- 2021-2022: Cameron Berg
Rasmussen Family Undergraduate Scholarship
Erik J. and Janelle Rasmussen created this fund in 2015 to provide support for full-time undergraduate students in the College of Science and Engineering who are studying mathematics with an actuarial emphasis, especially students who are from Minnesota.
- 2021-2022: Joseph Adamek
- 2020-2021: Meggie Wen
- 2019-2020: Daniel Fuszard
J. Ian Richards Scholarship
C. Steven Richards created this fund in memory of his brother, the late J. Ian Richards, a dedicated, student-focused professor of mathematics at the University of Minnesota. The fund is awarded to both graduate and undergraduate math students who have demonstrated unusual excellence.
- 2021-2022: Emma Law, Charles (Charlie) Ziemann
- 2019-2020: Zachary Deiman
Ella Thorp Undergraduate Scholarship
This scholarship is from the legacy of U of M alumna and former Mathematics Assistant Prof. Ella Thorp.
- 2021-2022: Joseph Adamek, Matheus Barcellos, Kaitlyn Belmont, Kayla Lehtola, Xiang Liu, Yixuan Liu, Qiao (Daniel) Miao, Amelia Tallarini, Tianyi Wei
- 2020-2021: Zachary (Zach) Deiman, Moriah Elkin, Alan Koval, Cameron Vogt, Thomas Winckelman
- 2019-2020: Nicholas Backes, Nuojin (Noki) Cheng, Jonathan Goller, Samual Hickel, Zijian Li, Jingnan Liu, Yuka Nakato, Kaustubh Verma, Lukuan Wang