|Master's of Mathematics||February 01|
|Master's of Financial Mathematics (MFM)||See MCFAM Website|
How to Apply: Apply Online using the Graduate School application system to create and complete your application (you can save the form and return to it as often as you wish prior to submission). All application materials must be submitted through the electronic system. If you seek an application fee waiver, please apply through the Big Ten Academic Alliance.
Ph.D. (Doctor of Philosophy) Applicants:
- Ph.D. applicants are expected to have completed coursework in abstract algebra, analysis, and topology as well as their immediate prerequisites of linear algebra, advanced calculus and differential equations.
- Our Ph.D. program is fully funded, offers of admission come with an offer of financial support, usually in the form of a teaching assistantship. Financial support is renewable up to 6 years, and is contingent on satisfactory academic progress. Funding includes full tuition benefits, health insurance, and an annual stipend of no less than $20,000.
- Master's (M.S.) applicants are expected to have completed coursework in linear algebra, advanced calculus and differential equations are necessary. Applicants should be ready for higher level courses in analysis and algebra.
- Our M.S. programs are unfunded, except for the M.S. with Emphasis in Education. However, the University of Minnesota Duluth has a funded M.S. program, which M.S. applicants should consider.
Successful applicants will have a solid mathematical background comparable to an exceptional B.S. (Bachelor of Science) degree in mathematics.
Graduate Record Examination (GRE) Scores: Is not a required admissions material for graduate programs in the School of Mathematics.
English Language Proficiency:
- Proof of English Language Proficiency is a Graduate School Requirement for students for whom English is not their first language.
- Information about the English Language Proficiency requirements can be found on the linked Graduate School Webpage.
For more information about the Diversity Initiatives at the University of Minnesota please browse the Programs offered by the Office of Equity and Diversity.