For undergraduate students
Research Experiences for Undergraduates (REU) program
- This 10-week research program offers undergraduate students from across the country access to vibrant scientific research projects and mentorship at an R1 research institution.
- Students will be mentored by a CS&E faculty member, while learning about computing research methodologies and participating in active research.
- Each participant will receive a stipend, room and board, and travel reimbursement.
For middle school and high school students
Summer Computer Academy
- This week-long day camp teaches the foundations of computer programming using Python. It includes lectures on the fundamental programming concepts and on the Python programming language, together with extensive hands-on experience in a computer lab.
- Participants have ample time to work in a computer lab to develop programs for small robots, image processing, and other applications under close supervision of teaching assistants. In addition, there are a variety of career planning and discovery activities.
- This program is for female students in grades 6–12, with or without previous programming experience.